Monday, June 27, 2011

All Home Safe and Sound!

Dear Readers,

We arrived home around 8:30pm and we are soooo Happy to be back. Thank you all for your support during this past month it really meant a lot to me.

Today did not start off well, Kadin managed to run ahead of Bret and some how he got outside without anyone in the Hotel noticing. Of course I was a complete wreck running in circles trying to figure out where he could have gone. The worst part about this whole ordeal was that I had cut his locator of his ankle last night before last due to the fact that the strap had rubbed his ankle raw. I think it was a combination between the rubbing of the strap and the ongoing exposure to chlorine. Anyway, I had an extra strap that I was going to attach to his other ankle but I had not put it on yet. I was hysterical in the parking lot wondering were to start and beating myself up about not putting the strap on the other ankle regardless of the irritation that was healing from the 2 weeks prior. The Police were sent out and just at the time they arrived Bret found him running down the highway that runs along the Hotel. Kadin was fine but his pants were wet from the running in the grass. The Officer wanted to talk to us about the situation and then she went to talk to the women at the front desk. Due to Kadin's running off we were a bit late for our morning session. Bret went in the tank with the boys and I tried to calm down and make some phone calls. I called Dane county sheriffs office and the Project lifesaver
officers that we had met with when we arrived here in WI. I wanted to explain why he didn't have his bracelet on. Anyway, I managed to calm enough and yes, Kadin got the strap on his "almost healed" ankle as soon as Bret brought him through the door. Of course this would happen on our last day here. Let me tell you, there is never a dull moment with this child of mine! Our second session went well and Bret went in again with the boys and I got to talk to Shannon the Director of the clinic for over an hour. Gloria, Rebekah and I on the "off treatment" time worked on a mini video of our stay here and our experience at Wisconsin Interactive Hyperbarics. The staff loved the video and Shannon asked if she could post it on the WIHC web site! We also took pictures of the all the boys putting there hand print on their "Hand Prints of Hope" wall. I must say it went better than I thought. Kadin smeared the print a bit but we fixed it with a little paper towel and water. Well, I better sign off, the boys have to be up and out the door by 7:30 for summer school.

We will be going to meet Kadin's potential Service Dog this week and I have decided, if you all are interested, to continue blogging about that experience. Let me know if your intersted.

Thank you and Goodnight!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment