Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Half way done!

Dear Readers,

Today we finished our 20th treatment at the Hyperbaric Center! Today went well and Gloria and I had to do another Aldi run for food. Mitchell, has been just doing fabulous and he started using his communicating pics to day to make requests. Gloria is very excited about this because he has been doing this independently. Kadin continues to surprise us all with his spontaneous responses and unprompted requests. Gloria and I decided to bye some pizza's at aldi to make for dinner, we also made special Gluten Free Pizza's for the boys. We had all eaten our dinner accept Mitchell and Kadin, the bottomless pit, walked up to Mitchell's plate and picked it up and proceeded out of the room. Gloria spotted him and yelled, "Hey Kadin, that is Mitchell's food." Kadin turned around and said, "Mitchell's.....food." and promptly placed the plate on the bed and walked away saying, "Mitchell's food." The Kadin we know would have took off with the pizza in hand and promptly shoved it down his throat before we would get to him. To say we were all shocked is an understatement. I have also seen a change in Kadin in that he seems to becoming more attached to me which is rather unusual, we will see if this continues on when we get home. Kadin, now has said, "I love you mom!" while looking me in the eye's and I truly feel that he is looking at me and not past me or with a blank stare. I have gotten so much joy watching him the past few days and he really seems to be laughing more and wanting me to play with him. I will say, "Kadin, what do you want?" and he will say, "Want more tickle!" this will often be followed with a joyous laughter. I am taking it all in slowly and cautiously but I must say, "My cup runneth over."

Sweet dreams kids, tomorrow is another day....

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment