Thursday, June 02, 2011

Never a dull moment

Dear Readers,

This morning session went really well, I found out we can use our cell phones in the chamber so I called my mom to let her know how we were doing. I also felt like I had my act together as far as stuff goes to entertain the boys while we passed away the hour.

Here was my check list:
1 fully loaded I-Pod....check
1 magna doodle .......check
cell phone..........check
note book and pen......check
2 DVD for video players.......check

Well as prepared as I thought I was I didn't bring two mayor things...wipes and pull -ups for any unfortunate accidents. Can you guess what I am going to write next? Well "Old Faithful (Kadin) irrupted 1 1/2 min. before our session was done. Of course they can't just open the door due to the cabin pressure, so needless to say we were trapped in a stink bomb capsule for about 10 min.
Kadin got to the center fully clothed and left with a t-shirt and pull up.
He sure has his way of putting his stamp on every situation.

We got back to the Hotel around 10am just in time to meet the deputies from Dane county. Since Tanner and Kadin are in the program "Project Lifesaver" they are over seeing their stay and will respond to any 911 calls while we are visiting WI. They also wanted to check their equipment on the boys locating devices to make sure they worked properly.

Second session was at 1:45pm

This was treatment #4 and when we arrived and were getting settled and ready to enter the blue tanks I asked the Dr. "IS it possible to see some positive results as soon a 3 sessions?" He laughed and said, "I was just going to ask you if you have seen anything yet in the boys." I told him that I felt like Something good was going on with Kadin but I chocked it up to wishful thinking. He told me people usually think that in the beginning but if i could keep a journal about little changes I see as we go through the 40 treatments that in the end I would see it was indeed a result of the treatment. One example of something is while we were in the tank this afternoon, I got Kadin to look at me in my eyes and I said, "I love you so much!" and without turning away Kadin said right back, "I love you so much!" and there was a point in the chamber that Tanner and Kadin locked eyes and it seemed to me that Kadin was truly looking at Tanner and Tanner said, "Hi Kadin and with out looking away from Tanner Kadin said, "Hi Tanner" Tanner then proceeded to open his mouth and say ooooooooh and Kadin smiled and imitate him and for a brief moment they were enjoying a back and forth game together. I also showed Kadin a picture of Bret and right away his face changed to excitement and he said, "Hi DAD!" Then he followed it with "Bye Dad!" I was fighting back tears a few times today and trying to stay focused and just get through the treatments and see what may come. So far I think we will be seeing Great things! I can't help but continue to thank God for this opportunity. Keep the prayers coming and I will keep sharing our blessings with you all.

P.S. In case any of you are wondering what 100% Oxygen smells like, Tanner said when asked, "Well, it smells like flowers!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment