Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I think the hardest part is behind us!

Dear Readers,

Well today was an experience, our first treatment was at 10:15am at the Center. The boys were troopers, we were told that the first treatment is the worst and that it would affect our ears more so than the treatments to come. This was an UNDERSTATEMENT! I was put in the Big Blue Tank with the boys and they each had a plastic hood over their head. The only way I can explain the feeling is that it is like descending in a airplane and you have a horrible ear ache. I thought I was going to scream! Both the boys were crying and I thought this is hell! All I could do was keep Kadin from pulling out the Oxygen tubes. After about 15min. it started to get better. I was sure glad when that session ended. The boys ears seemed to go back to normal but I had to run to Target to get some sudafedrin, my ears didn't feel normal for about 3 hours after the treatment. Our afternoon session at 3:45pm was 10,000 times better. Turns out they were right, the first session was the worst and we are told that from here on out they will only get easier to tolerate. Kadin and Tanner were actually laughing and laying down to rest in our second session. I was so re-leaved that this session went so well and I am looking forward to the days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so glad you are sharing this with us all, and I am excited for you at the prospect of seeing improvements!!! I think it's remarkable that you are so willing to do whatever you can to help your boys... You will be in our thoughts and prayers- and we'll miss you lots!!! I look forward to hearing more updates...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marj,
    I think its awesome you have found some more opportunities and resources to help your boys. You give me so much hope. I look forward to reading your blog and I wish you the best of luck in WI. Lots of love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete