Thursday, June 16, 2011

Peer Pressure on the Play Ground

Dear Readers,

Today's treatment were routine and there were no surprises. We went to an new park today that was pretty cool. i think the name of the park was "Castle Park" The kids loved it. The only problem we had was that the sun decided to show and it got hot real fast and the boys were still in there jeans. Kadin solved that one and promptly climbed to the top the the wood castle maze and proceeded to undress. Of course other kids at the park all started yelling, "look that boy it in his underwear! to which Tanner promptly corrected them and said, "Um look closer guys it's a diaper." (Thanks Tanner) Now we have the kids at the park running around laughing and yelling, Diaper boy, Diaper boy." Then Tanner yelled out, " ew he stinks to which I replied, "Tanner don't say that your brother that's mean!" Rebekah then came up to me and said, "Actually Marjorie he does stink." So I took Kadin to the 150 degree van and changed his poopy pull up. Then back to the park we went, Kadin didn't give a hoot about what the kids were chanting and frankly I don't try to explain it to kids Kadin's age they don't get it anyway. Kadin was not phased and all he wanted was for me to chase him, he kept saying, "Mom...Run!" and he would take off giggling and he would keep turning around to see that I was chasing after him. Well, we lasted longer than expected in the heat and we piled up in the conversion van and asked a local where the nearest McDonalds was so we could get ice cream. When we were on our way back to the hotel my phone rang and it was Bret telling us that Patrick (My cousin) was going to stop by and visit for awhile before he headed back to Saint Paul. It was so nice to see him and Gloria made her special drinks and we talked with Pat for about an hour and a half. Cecelia just put on a show she just loved Pat and he held her for awhile as we talked. Patrick got to witness Kadin saying "I love you" to me and that was kind of special. We sent Patrick on his way around 8pm and the kids fell asleep shortly after. Rebekah told me that when Kadin was falling asleep on the bed she went over to give him a kiss and she said, "Good night Kadin I love you." and Kadin said, "good night, i love you!" I think it almost made Rebekah cry. Fox News people are coming here next week Tuesday I believe to interview us and some people at the center. This same reporter is going to be doing a story on Kadin and his service dog. I truly hope that how ever these stories come across that it will be of help to another family that maybe has never heard of these options. We have been so blessed by the changes we have seen thus far and I would say to anyone that is sceptical that I was to but we had to do it. What if this is the key to unlocking Kadin's world? As a mother I wanted to do this therapy for over two years. It just sat in the back of my head and would never go away. Somehow, God made this possible for us and I am sitting here in WI blogging to you all about it. So far this treatment has done more for Kadin in the last 16 days than any other treatment we have ever tried. I have said it before and I will say it again, it has already been worth every penny. Money comes into our lives and quickly goes out but our children are there until the lord takes them from us and until that day I will not stop looking and searching for ways to help our boys especially Kadin. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment