Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home stretch...

Dear Readers,

Tomorrow Fox News is going to be at the Center to film Kadin going into the tank and then they are going to interview Shannon the director of the center. I think after the treatment they will be interviewing me, I can't wait until it is over. I just pray that when they do the interview I can keep my answers short and to the point. We have been working on a video of our journey, during our off time from treatment here in WI and just finished it today. Thanks to Rebekah,and her "I - movie" program, we managed to complete a fun video today before she left this afternoon. Since we began the treatment Kadin has been a lot more calm, I have noticed more eye contact, and he has, on several occasions used "Expressive language" spontaneously and appropriately. I think Kadin's proverbial door is opening and I feel that he does most certainly have an opinion and a preference when it comes to what he wants and likes. This past week and a half I have defiantly been dealing with a slightly altered child. (this is a good thing!) It makes me excited to see Kadin in this light and there have been a few time I have felt, dare I say it, relaxed while at the pool or at the center. This means that lately instead of being on 24/7 alert I have felt like it has been more like 20/7 and I can go to the water cooler and fill up my bottle and not have to look over my shoulder to see Kadin booking it out the front door. Kadin has been oddly aware of me and he seems to consciously look for me if he cannot see me. As great as this sounds It feels very odd to me to know that Kadin is watching me and looking for me. His whole life he has never acted like this. He will be 6 next month and I don't know where these last years have gone. I do not pretend to think Hyperbarics is the end all and be all in Therapy's, it affects everyone differently, but I cannot deny that this is one of the BEST choices Bret and I made for our boys. It is not a fluke that the Autism symbol is a puzzle piece, I think that Hyperbarics is a piece in our boys puzzles and I thank God for allowing this to come to pass in our lives. I also think it is proving to be a corner piece in Kadin's puzzle.

Signing off...xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So happy to read about positive changes happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such happy news, I love hearing your joy, thank you, warmly Jules

    ReplyDelete