Friday, June 24, 2011

38 down and 2 to go...

Dear Readers,

Today went well even though I think that we all are chomping at the bit to go home. All things considered this month has gone fast, but Monday can't come fast enough! Today, During our lunch hour Mitchell came up to me holding a (PECS) Picture of Markers with the word "Draw" on it he put it in my hand and just looked at me. I was so happy, "I said, "do you want to draw Mitchell?" and he said, "Draw" so Karin got out his markers and color books and he began to scribble. On another occasion today Mitchell came up to me and said, "Trains" and I new he wanted me to put Thomas DVD on so he could watch it. Mitchell is just doing some really great things, I am so glad Gloria and Mike were able to pay for Mitch to have treatment with my boys. I could have never done this trip without Gloria by my side! Kadin, did something today he has NEVER done. I was watching a movie and he came up to me and handed me the phone and said, "Dad....yes a yes!" I said, "Oh my gosh! Do you want to talk to dad?" and he said, "Yes!" I called Bret and said, "Kadin wanted me to call you!" Kadin kept it short and sweet he said, "Hi Dad!" and "Bye Dad!" I thought is was amazing that he was thinking about Bret and then put effort into finding my phone and coming and giving it to me and telling me what he wanted and that was to call his dad! This seems like a lot of steps for him to focus on and follow through. I am so proud of Kadin and I just know more good things are yet to come!

Thank God for God, He truly has blessed us on this trip. And I am so thankful for all of your prayers and kind words of encouragement. WE have an amazing support group and I do not take you guys for granted!

-Much Love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment