Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mystery.....solved!

Dear Readers,

We arrived back at the hotel, after treatment, this morning to find a plastic cup in the bathroom with a small amount of yellow liquid in it. Being a mom I stuck my nose in the cup to smell it and sure enough it was pee! I went out into the room and said, who peed in this cup, to which Tanner replied, "I did mom." Then it dawned on me... Oh Crap! I forgot to tell Tanner we were done with his 6 hour urine collection yesterday! I had drilled it into him yesterday that he was NOT to pee in the potty because I needed to collect his urine for 6 hours for a "Urine Toxic Metal test" We finished the test yesterday and I Fed-Exed the sample out to the Lab, but I neglected to tell Tanner we were done. Anyway, Tanner had gone to the bathroom this morning and faithfully used the cup and we left for Treatment. Some time BEFORE we left for the center Kadin must have gone into the bathroom because, as you recall, I said there was a small amount left in the cup. OMG!!!!! "Where is the rest of the PEE!" I looked around the bathroom (which reeked of urine smell) and saw that Kadin had dumped it all over the floor and the, once white, hotel towels were now Yellow. I have to say I did breath a sigh of relief because just think if he would have dumped it on the hotel carpet. Well, the mystery was solved and yes, I informed Tanner that he can resume using the toilet. I tell you, right here in River City, there is NEVER a dull moment. The kids sure keep me on my toes. (I think I would have made a great ballerina!" sorry...bad joke.

Oh and By the way, Kadin came up to me and said, "Ask....help.....help?" he was tring to take of his sweater (yes it was cold enough for a sweater.) Also, he laid beside Ashtyn and Tanner for quite some time in the hotel bed and watched a movie with them and he seemed to be enjoying every min. of it. It makes my heart swell to see the three of them interacting together, for a few brief moments I see "unique" Normality.

What a journey we are on and I wouldn't trade it for the world! I am seeing my baby do things I have never seen before. Believe it or not he seems to be going through "Mommy's Boy" stage he wants to be with me all the time and HE WANTS TO HOLD MY HAND and lace his fingers through mine. Right, now I would love to hear the cast of GLEE sing the song "I want to hold your hand." by the Beetles

No comments:

Post a Comment