Friday, July 08, 2011

Meeting Truman

Dear Readers,

It has been a nice break the last few weeks not blogging everyday but I am now ready to start blogging about this chapter in our family's life. Tuesday I recived a call from Can-Do-Canines, I was very excited to learn that they wanted me to meet a dog by the name of "Truman" who is a black Labrador. I set a time with the women to drive out to New Hope to the facility for Thursday at 1pm. Thrusday came and I got out my GPS and found my way to Can-Do-Canines new facility. Dora, the trainer, met me in the loby and we proceeded to one of the big training rooms. We walked in the room and she told me to take a seat and that she would go get Truman from the Kennal. I was so excited to meet him and I prayed the whole way to the facility. Truman came in the door and walked straight up to me. Dora gave me some dog treats and we sat and talked and Truman sat right by me without even trying to go to his trainer. The first thing I was aware of with Truman was his GREAT eye contact with me. When I talked to him he just staired into my eyes. I kind of laughed because I have never had that kind of experiance with a dog. I said, "Wow, Truman Kadin doesn't even do that!" I practiced walking him and giving some basic commands. Over all it went very well and towards the end Dora said, "So what do you think?" I said, "I really like him and I have not had any negative feelings towards this match so, Yes, I would like to work with him." Dora got the paper work and I filled it all out and we scheduled our first Training session for Tues. July 12th. I am looking forward our next meeting! I will keep you all posted on the progress.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment